Windows Live Mail lets you connect your other email accounts via IMAP configuration. IMAP allows a user to keep emails on the server instead of downloading them to your computer. This is useful in case you access your email via two separate ways. For instance, if you have two email setups like Windows Live Mail and Webmail, both programs will know about the emails you have read. Both programs will be having a single Sent Mail folder on the server.
In order to know how to configure IMAP Folders in Windows Live Mail, follow the instructions given below.
Steps to Configure IMAP Folders in Windows Live Mail
Note: Here we have considered that you have already configured Windows Live Mail and Selected IMAP option and not POP.
- Open Windows Live Mail program and click on the Tools option and then on the Accounts option from the Menu.
- Now, select the email account which you want to change and click on the Properties. A window will appear on your computer screen.
- On the Properties window, go to the IMAP tab and enter Inbox for the Root Folder Path. Check the box next to Check for new messages in all folders. In order to have your Window Live Mail program save copies of sent messages, drafts, deleted messages on the IMAP server, make the following changes:
- Select the box next to Store special folders on IMAP server. If you don’t select this option, all the drafts, deleted and sent emails will get stored on your hard drive known as Storage Folders by Windows Live Mail.
- Enter Drafts for the Drafts path.
- Enter Trash for the Deleted Items path.
- Enter Sent for the Sent Items path.
- You can set any name for Junk path as per your preference.
Note: As the titles – Drafts, Trash, and Sent are case sensitive, make sure you enter them correctly.
If you find trouble configure IMAP folders in Windows Live Mail by following above steps, you can give a call to our customer support team. Our team possesses ample experience and proficiency in handling all Windows Live Mail related issues. We are a reliable third-party Windows Live Mail customer care and service provider known for providing best-in-class solutions for all Windows Live Mail related queries.
To contact our customer support team:
- Give us a call on our 24-hour toll-free customer helpline number.
- Send us your query via Email.
- Have an instant chat with an expert via live chat support.