It could be very frustrating when you cannot access your Yahoo email account. Fixing Yahoo mail issues can be time consuming and expensive. If the issue is of complex nature, giving time and money is worth depending on the importance your email account holds. But, for simple issues here is a guide to help you. These are simple Do-It-Yourselves that will help you in solving basic issues with your Yahoo! Mail account.
Yahoo Mail Forgotten password
This is the most common Yahoo mail issues. Almost every user forgets his password at some point of time. Yahoo! has provided a quick and simple option to reset your password when you forget it.
- Go to Yahoo! sign-in page https://login.yahoo.com/
- Click on ‘Difficulty Signing in?’ link.
- You will be redirected to verification page. Select from the three recovery options listed; sign-in email address or mobile number, recovery phone number and recovery email address.
- Follow the instructions that come on-screen according to the recovery option you selected.
You can easily re-set your password through the process.
Forgotten Yahoo! Mail Id
- Visit Yahoo! sign-in page.
- Follow ‘Difficulty Signing in?’ link.
- Provide your recovery phone number (if you have added it to your account earlier). You will receive a verification code on your mobile number; enter it and verify.
- You will receive the email id associated with your number.
- If you don’t have access to your mobile number or alternate email id, take technical help from experts.
- Go to ‘Sign-in Helper’ page through ‘Difficulty Signing in?’ link on the login page.
- On the top right corner find ‘Help’ link, follow it and click on ‘Problems signing in to your account’ on the right side panel.
- From the page that follows, select ‘I think someone else is using my account’ link. Read the suggestions provided by Yahoo support and follow them.
Invalid ID or Password
- Make sure you are entering correct email id and password.
- Check Caps Lock and Num Lock.
- Don’t use auto-fills if you have recently changed your password and haven’t edited the auto-fills.
- Try to sign-in from a different browser.
Firstly, differentiate between spam mails and genuine marketing emails.
A marketing email generally provides complete information about the company and product (you can cross check on web.) It will also offer the process to unsubscribe their notification service. So, you can unsubscribe the service anytime. Contrary to it, a spam mail doesn’t have any company name, it will attract the users by fake rewards, big prize money or other material products and sometimes it will use the name of renowned companies.
Follow the steps to block email id sending you junk mails:
- Move the cursor over gear symbol. Select ‘Settings’ from the drop down.
- Select ‘Blocked Addresses’ on the left side panel.
- Type the email address of potential hacker in the ‘Add an address’ field.
- Click ‘Block’ and then ‘Save.’
For more suggestions on Yahoo mail issues, contact Yahoo Customer Support Services at toll-free numbers.