Have you just bought a new Windows 10 system or upgraded recently to it? You won’t be happy to hear that Yahoo has stopped Yahoo Mail app for Windows 10 and if you are still fond of it, you won’t be able to check your emails using the app. Don’t get puzzled! Windows 10 has the in-built “Mail” app which can be used to access email accounts smoothly. Let’s go ahead and setup Yahoo mail account with your Windows 10 computer.
Steps to Configure Windows 10 Mail App for your Yahoo account
Before you get started, make sure that your Yahoo account works perfectly fine and isn’t blocked.
- Go to the search bar on your Windows 10 computer just next to the start
- Type Mail and select “Mail” from the search result.
- Click on settings.
- Select on “Manage Accounts”
- Click “Add account”
- Select Yahoo Mail and wait for a few seconds till it redirects you to another page.
- Now, type your Yahoo id and Yahoo password and click Sign in
- Press the “Agree” button to allow the app to access your Yahoo email account.
- Click Done.
- You have successfully configured the Yahoo account with the Windows 10 Mail app.
It might be possible that the moment you configure Yahoo account with Windows 10 you see a sync error. To get rid of this error, make sure that you have updated the Windows 10 to the latest version available. Turn the Windows Updates on and ensure it gets updated automatically.
You can customize the Yahoo account as well. For an example downloading new and past emails, Sync timings etc. If the sync problem still continues to be there, try with the following options:
- Verify the configuration of the Two-Step Verification.
- Try to setup an App password.
- Log on to the Yahoo Mail.
- Click the gear icon and choose “Account info”
- Select “Account Security” type credentials again if required.
- Click “Generate Password”
- Choose Outlook for desktop or others (Type Windows 10 Mail)
- Generate the app password and use the same password in the Windows 10 Mail app.
If somehow you are unable to setup Yahoo mail account with Windows 10 Mail then call our Yahoo mail customer support and service toll-free helpline numbers and get the instant support along with the prompt resolutions.