Are you worried about the recent massive security breaches? Not anymore as Yahoo gives you an option which will help you to secure your Yahoo mail account to the next level. You can turn on the Two-Step Verification which will add an extra layer of security. Whenever you or someone else will try to access your Yahoo mail account, from an unrecognised location or device, you will also need a security code as well for a successful login attempt. The security code is usually sent to your registered mobile device. On the other hand, if you clear the cookies, cache or the browsing history a system where you frequently access Yahoo, then also you will have to provide the security code. Without the help of security code, Yahoo won’t allow you to get in successfully.
Enable the Two-Step Verification feature in Yahoo Mail Account:
- Log on to your Yahoo Mail account. https://login.yahoo.com/
- Click on the gear like icon on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Choose “Account info”
- Press the “Account Security”
- Provide the username and password
- Scroll down the page and toggle the button next to the “Two Step Verification” to enable it.
- Provide your mobile number
- Click on “Send SMS” to receive a text alert or code or “Call me” for an incoming phone call.
- Provide the verification code and press the “Verify” button.
- If you are fond of email clients like Apple Mail, Outlook, Thunderbird etc. then you will have to stick with app passwords as it will require another password to connect your apps to Yahoo. If you have opted for the Two-Step Verification then you must generate the app passwords for third-party email clients.
If you are unable to turn on the Two-Step Verification then keep the following things in your mind.
- Instead of the Yahoo mail classic, you must switch to the full featured Yahoo Mail as it isn’t available with it.
- Yahoo is completely based on the web browsers therefore; you must update the internet browser to the latest version available.
- You must have an active as well as a stable internet connection.
- If you experience a bug or lag, clear the cookies, cache and the browsing data.
Contact our certified Yahoo mail customer care service on our toll-free number and get the instant support.