You try to login to your Windows Live Mail Account and you see a pop-up box saying your user name or password is incorrect. In such a situation, try these out not only for the Windows Live account but for all other email accounts you have. Sometimes the issue is not as complex as you think, so here are some quick fixes that can be tried to get quick access to your account:
- Make sure you are typing the correct emails id and password combination. When we have different online accounts, it’s common to exchange passwords. If you find it difficult to remember the password, use a password manager app. With such apps you need to remember only one password, that’s the password of the app itself.
- If you are 100% sure that your password is correct, check the Caps Lock. Passwords are case-sensitive so use the Caps Lock accordingly.
- Clear your browser’s cache and close it. Open it again and try sign in.
- Try signing in from a different browser.
Try all these tips to see which one works for you. If you can’t access your account through these tips, Microsoft offers password reset option for Windows Live Mail account.
Windows Live Mail Password Reset
Follow the steps to reset your password:
- Go to official log in page (You must be there already.)
- Enter your email id. Click ‘Next.’
- On the screen that follows, find ‘Forgot my password’ link below the ‘Sign in’ button. Click it.
- You will be redirected to ‘Reset your Password’ page.
- Select from the reasons why you can’t sign in. Click ‘Next.’
- Enter the email address you used for sign up. This could be an email with Microsoft domain (hotmail.com or outlook.com) or any other such as gmail.com or yahoo.com.
- Enter the characters you see in the CAPTCHA. This identifies that you are not a robot and it is not an attempt to hack your account. Click ‘Next.’
- If you have entered the security (recovery) details at the time of sign up, you will receive a security code on your phone number or alternate email id.
- Enter the security in the field provided and click ‘Next.’
- You can now set a new password for your account and regain access.
- If you haven’t provided any security option or can’t access it, click on ‘I can’t access this verification option’ link.
- You will be redirected to a page where you can enter any other alternate email address which you can access. Enter it and click ‘Next.’
- Enter the security code you received and click ‘Next.’
- You can now reset your password and sign in to your account with this new password.
If you have any issues with the reset process, contact Windows Live Mail customer support and service team for help.