Canon, also known as Canon Inc., is a well-recognized global brand “specializing in the manufacture of imaging and optical products”. Canon’s computer printers are highly sought-after. They are being used for both professional and personal use. However, the printers often show some errors and become unresponsive due to various technical reasons. If you have a Canon printer that deals with the “Canon printer not responding” issue, we have got this ultimate guide for you.
Complete Guide to Fix Canon Printer Not Responding
Is your Canon printer not responding and getting the below errors? Let’s delve deep, diagnose the errors, and find the most effective troubleshooting tips to fix them.
Amongst the most common errors that would trouble you from taking a print are –
- Not responding USB/ Wired
- Not responding on Mac
- Wireless printer not responding
- Unresponsive after modem change
- Not responding on Windows 10
- Unresponsive to the print command
To fix the basic errors in your Canon printer, you need to adopt the following basic troubleshooting steps. These effective steps will ensure that you are done with trivial issues.
- Update drivers for the printer
- Reset the print spooler service
- Fix for Wi-Fi printers
- Change printer port
- Troubleshoot the printer suing troubleshooting wizard
- Remove the USB cable and reconnect it after 5 minutes
- Turn off computer and printer for a few minutes and then start turning it on
Advanced Troubleshooting Steps for Various Canon Printer Models
Facing problems with your Canon printer? Do you use any of these models – mx920, mg 5420, mg2900, mx922, mg3200, mg3500, ts200, mg 3520, ts3100, mg2522, mx922, ip110, mx452, mg6220, mp560, mp470, mx882, and ts3100? If yes, you may like to move forward with the advanced troubleshooting steps to fix the errors when the above basic workarounds don’t work.
- What to Do When Machine cannot be powered On: Go through these 3 steps to resolve the problem.
- Check 1: Press the ‘ON’ button.
- Check 2: Before turning it back on you need to ensure the power plug is plugged into the power cord connector of the machine (securely).
- Check 3: Next, you will have to unplug and plug the machine back in. Then turn it back on after a few minutes.
- Steps to Check When Printing Doesn’t Start: Press the ‘ON’ button to turn the machine on. Ensure that the power plug is well-plugged in. When the printing doesn’t start, you need to check the following steps.
- Turn on the machine by pressing the ON button. You need to keep patience until the ON light stops flashing and remains lit.
- Make sure the printer machine is connected to the computer with a USB cable.
- Disable the access point mode if enabled.
- Delete other unnecessary print jobs if you are printing from the computer.
- Keep in mind that the printer will not print properly if used as a printer driver. You need to give a name that should be selected in the Print dialog box.
- Configure the machine port appropriately.
- Also, ensure that the size of the print data isn’t large.
- If printing from the computer, restart it.
- Steps to Follow When “No Paper” Error Occurs: When the paper doesn’t feed properly, you must consider the below-mentioned steps.
- Check whether the paper is loaded or not.
- While loading the sheets of paper, make sure you align them correctly and the paper stack shouldn’t exceed the load limit.
- When you are loading paper, load it in portrait orientation (irrespective of the printing orientation).
- Next, you must ensure that the paper is not too or curled.
- Also, confirm the media type and paper size settings. There shouldn’t be any foreign objects in the rear tray.
- Ink Is Not Rejected:
- Check whether the FINE cartridge installed properly.
- When it runs out of ink, replace the FINE Cartridge with a new one.
- Check whether the print head nozzles clogged.
If none of the above works, call certified Canon printer technicians and get instant support for the issues related to your Canon printer.