Printer drivers have usually updated automatically;however, you have given an option to update it automatically when you install it for the first time. If you have a Canon printer and looking for a download and update the printer driver, then keep following the article till the end.
If you have installed and configured correctly the Canon printer driver, then is it easy for checking the updates. Open the Canon printer utility and click tools or more. Press the button as check for updates. If the updates are available, it will ask you to begin the download otherwise it will confirm that you already have the latest version.
If in the case, if you bought a new system or a new Canon printer and want to download and the update the Canon printer driver for the first time, then follow the steps below.
Before you begin, keep the following things in your mind.
- Remove the existing printer driver as well as the supported utility programs.
- You must have the stable network connection.
- Make sure that the printer is well connected to the system and turned on.
- There are enough papers in the supply tray and ink in the cartridges.
- For a network printer, a stable Ethernet or Wireless connection to the printer is required.
- You must know the model number of your Canon printer.
Follow the Steps below to Download and Update Canon printer driver:
- Open a web browser and visit canon.com
- Select the appropriate region and country.
- Click Drivers and Downloads.
- Enter the model number of your Canon printer and press the GO
- Click on the Select button next to the latest version of the printer driver and hit on the download
- Double-click on the downloaded file and let it begin the installation.
- Press the next button and choose the correct region once again.
- Follow the on-screen instruction carefully.
- It may take several minutes to install depending upon the configuration and the network strength of your system. Don’t forget to select automatically check for the updates.
- Finish the installation process and it will create a shortcut as well on your desktop.
- Now give a new print job command and it shall work.
If you are unable to get a print or there is any delay in the print job, don’t suck it and see. As it may damage the printer and the warranty will be void.
Contact Canon printer Customer Care Team on toll-free helpline number and get the instant support along with the prompt resolution.