Is your Yahoo account pain in your neck? Or the third-party account settings won’t wash with the correct account settings? Well! Don’t worry as we are here to take you out of this sticky situation.
POP email clients like Outlook, Apple Mail or Thunderbird need a proper configuration in order to work perfectly fine. It might also be possible that there is something wrong with your Yahoo account itself as a result; you aren’t able to find out the exact issue.
Steps to fix Yahoo Imap and POP Settings:
Ensure that your Yahoo account works perfectly fine without any email client.
- Open a web browser of your choice and log in to the Yahoo email account.
- Compose a test email and send it to yourself.
- If you get the email within 5 minutes, then your Yahoo account is working perfectly fine. If not, then there is something wrong with the account itself.
Correct POP settings:
- Ensure that you have used correct POP settings as mentioned below:
- Incoming Mail Server: pop,mail.yahoo.com
- Port: 995
- Requires SSL – Yes
- Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Port – 465 or 587
- Require SSL- Yes
- Require TLS- Yes if in the case it is available only.
- Require Authentication- Yes
Ports aren’t being blocked:
Firewalls, VPN, antivirus program and network protocols normally block ports. You must make sure that any of the port (995, 465 or 587) which is related to Yahoo aren’t being blocked. If they are blocked by any chance, then your email client won’t be able to connect to the Yahoo servers. Contact your internet service provider and confirm that the relevant ports aren’t being blocked.
- Yahoo Access Key or Two-Step Verification: If you have recently enabled either the Yahoo Account/Access Key or the Two-Step Verification, then the traditional Yahoo password won’t work with the email client. You will have to create an app password for your POP client.
- Make sure that you have verified the email that you recently added. If you haven’t done it so far then, it will lead to the error code 553 the moment you will send an email from your configured email client.
- If none of the above works, then go ahead and reconfigure the account with the IMAP instead of the POP3.
- Avoid using any application or program that needed high bandwidth.
If the problem still persists, then feel free to contact Yahoo customer care service on a toll-free helpline phone number and get instant support along with the prompt resolution.