Have the issue in Outlook 2016. It shows the Outlook detected a com add-in problem so it decreases the performance of Outlook or Crash an Outlook. It shows the Microsoft RMS Add-in and this add-in caused Outlook to start slowly. Let me know the solution and the root cause of this problem,” – writes an Outlook user on the Microsoft Community page. If you are looking for the troubleshooting steps for Outlook detected a com add-in problem, check this article out. You will know what these add-ins in Outlook.com do.
“Add-ins in Outlook.com are programs or utilities that help you automate tasks when you view or create messages,” states the official website. Microsoft designs these add-ins along with leading companies. Users can install these add-ins from Microsoft AppSource or by opening the Office Store within Outlook.com. Once an add-in is installed, it will appear in other versions of Outlook as well. When you open Outlook, you will be able to see it. You can open your Outlook, go to “File”, click “Options”, and select “Add-Ins” in the “Options” window. Well, these add-ins are validated by Microsoft.
Consequences of Add-in Issues
When Outlook detected a Com Add-in problem, Outlook performs the following actions –
- It will notify that Outlook had disabled the add-in automatically. In the notification bar, you will also see a warning – “ADD-IN PROBLEM – A problem was detected with an add-in and it has been disabled. View Disabled Add-ins”. It further says, “ADD-IN PROBLEM – Outlook detected an issue with an add-in. It caused Outlook to switch folders slowly.”
- In the warning message, mark the add-in as unhealthy. It seeks permission to disable it if the add-in is enabled.
- Notification to disable Add-ins only if you want to disable it by yourself.
Issues that might arise in regards to Outlook detected an add-in problem are –
- Outlook starts slowly.
- It opens items sluggishly.
- Results in Outlook switching slowly.
Steps to Fix Outlook Detected a Com Add-in Problem
Now that you know what these add-ins in Outlook are, gear up for the troubleshooting steps. The below-mentioned steps describe how to uninstall and reinstall the Add-ins.
- Open Outlook and click on the “File” option in the menu bar.
- Click “Options” > “Add-ins”.
- Now, click on the “Go” button located at the bottom of the window.
- Click the option “Manage Com Add-ins” (Slow and Disable Come Add-ins – manage COM add-ins that are affecting your Outlook experience).
- Select “Add-ins” if you want to disable or remove it.
- Uncheck the box if you want to disable an Outlook add-in.
- Click the “Remove” button if you want to uninstall the selected add-in.
- Now, click on the “OK” button to save the changes.
Still, facing the add-ins issues in Outlook? You may like to get in touch with the company or the provider. They will assist you to resolve the problem. You can do that by –
- Launching Outlook > File > Add-ins.
- You will find the add-in supplier name in the Provider list.
- Once displayed, you can select the required “Add-in”.
- Go through the information on the right-hand side and contact the company to resolve Outlook COM Add-in issues.
You can also contact the professionals at Outlook Customer Support. Available 24/7, the industry-trained technicians will ensure the problem is resolved within minutes. Dial the number and get assisted!