In order to recover a hacked Outlook account; you need to make sure that you are able to sign in to your account. This means that you are able to get into your account, but sometimes hackers used to change the password; in that case, you need to get in by resetting the password.
You can use the Outlook account password reset link https://account.live.com/password/reset and get your password reset with a new one. This will guide you with the on-screen instructions to recover the hacked Outlook account. Once you are done with the password reset process; you should review your security and account recovery settings and update them if needed.
When you are unable to get the control of your Hotmail account with the password reset method, then you should follow this recovery method. This is the best ever solution to get control of your account; by filling the Recovery Form, you will be able to get the control of your account.
Learn to fill the Recovery Form for your Hotmail account
- First, go to the Password reset page using the link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=242000
- Here, you need to choose the reason why you can’t sign in, then click on the Next button
- After that, enter the email address, phone number, or Skype name that you used to create your Microsoft account while signing up
- Here, you need to enter the characters you see on the screen to prove that you are not a robot, then click Next
- After that select I don’t have any of these when asked to verify your identity, then click on the Next button
- Now, you need to understand that you may be asked if you have an account recovery code. If you have that code with you, enter it here. Else, you need to click on NO. This is different from your security code on your mobile phone or alternative email number
- Then move to the next steps
From the Recover Your Account page, you need to follow these steps.
- First, you need to make sure that the account name listed under Email, phone, or Skype name is yours, and is spelled correctly. In case, this is not there then start over from the Password Reset Page
- Then, enter an email address that we can use to contact you about your account recovery, then click on Next button
- Here, a screen will pop up asking you to confirm that email address. Outlook will send you a security code on that email. You need to use that code here, and click on Verify button
- Here, you will be asked to answer a few questions about yourself and your account to verify it. You should fill in as much information as you can, even if you are not sure about that particular question
- After that, you need to click on Submit button once you are finished with it
- This will recover your account
You can follow all the above steps to recover a hacked outlook account, or if you face any issue in the above steps then you can contact Outlook customer care contact number for instant support.