If you forget the password of your Microsoft Outlook account, sadly you cannot recover it. But you can reset Microsoft Outlook password in a few easy steps. Apart from forgetting the password, there are various reasons like compromised account, two-step verification and use of a new device to reset the password to get the access to the Outlook account. If you cannot access your account with the old password, then it is recommended to check the Caps Lock button and clear the cache and history of the browser, before resetting the password.
Steps to Reset Microsoft Outlook Password:
- First of all, go to the Password Reset page of Microsoft.
- Now you have to choose the reason for what you want to change the password.
- Now click Next for further steps.
- You need to enter the secondary email address, recovery phone number or the Skype ID which you have provided at the time of creating the account.
- Now you have to confirm the CAPTCHA by entering the characters of the screen to verify your identity.
- A security code will be sent to your recovery email address or the mobile number. You need to enter the one time code in the space. And then click Next.
- Now you can reset a new password from the new page. You need to enter it twice to confirm.
- Now you can log in to your account with the new password.
If you can’t get the one time code:
If you don’t get the security code in your alternative email address or phone number; then click on the link ‘I don’t get a code’. You can also go to the link ‘I don’t have access to these’ in time of resetting the password. Just follow the instructions henceforth.
You need to fill up the security questionnaire set by Microsoft. You will be asked for the information like the subject line of a recently sent email, your date of birth, credit card info etc. If you don’t know the exact answer, try to write the closest possible answer for the question. Microsoft may give you 30 days waiting period to access the account. If you see the error message ‘We’re not ready for you yet’ while accessing your account, you are under the 30 days waiting period to reset the password.
For resetting Microsoft Outlook Password you can follow the above mentioned steps, or you can also dial Microsoft Outlook customer service phone number for the instant solution.