When you send an email message using your Outlook account, you may want to check that email to resend or forward it to someone else. You can easily find the email in the Sent Items folder of your Outlook email account. However, sometime some users may face trouble locating the Sent Mail folder in their Outlook email account due to certain settings. If the Sent Mail folder is now showing in your Outlook email, you can follow the information provided below to change the settings.
Guide to Fix Sent Mail Not Showing in Outlook Issue
Generally, you can find the Sent Items folder in the folder list of your Outlook email. If you have multiple email accounts configured on your Outlook, there should be different Sent Items folder for each email account.
- In your Outlook email account, you will need to click on the Sent Items located in the folder list. In case you do not find the Sent Items folder, you will need to click on the Arrow icon (>) located on the left-hand side of your account folder to expand the folders list.
- Next, you will need to select the email you wish to open. For this, you can use the search option provided in the Sent Items folder only. You can either search using the keywords used in the email or by using the name of the recipient(s) to whom you sent the email. If you wish to narrow your search to a certain person or subject line, you can try entering To:<user name> or Subject: <keyword used in the subject line>.
When You Can’t Find an Item in Sent Items Folder
As there can be numerous reasons responsible for missing items in the Sent Item folder, you will need to fix the problem accordingly.
- The Email is Yet to be Sent: In case an email message is not sent successfully, maybe due to internet connectivity or maybe because of sign-in issue, it might be stored in the Outbox folder of your email account. If you find any of your missing sent emails in the Outbox folder, make sure to check your internet connection and send the message again.
- The Sent Email is Very Old: As most of the email accounts are configured to synchronize sent emails for a specific period. For example, when you are using Cached Exchange Mode or an IMAP account, you are allowed to keep only a couple of weeks or months of email messages offline. Here are the steps that will help you increase the duration of the emails in your account.
- In your email program, you will first need to click on the File option. From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to go to Account Settings > Account Settings
- In the Account Settings section, you will need to select your email account for which you wish to make the changes and click on the Change
- Then, locate the option which reads – Mail to keep offline and change the duration by moving the slider under it to the right-hand side. The further right you will move the slider, the longer the period will be for keeping the messages offline.
- Once you are done click on the Next button and save the changes you make.
- The Email Was Removed: If the email you sent would have been deleted from the Sent Items folder, you can find it in the Deleted Items or Trash folder of your Outlook email account.
When Unable to Find the Sent Items Folder
If you are unable to find your sent email messages, it could mean that your Outlook email is not configured to keep a copy of the sent items. In such a case, you can follow the steps provided below.
- In your Outlook email account, click on the File This will open a drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to go to Options and then the Mail
- In the Mail section, you will need to scroll down to the Save messages
- In the Save messages section, you will need to ensure that the checkbox next to Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder is selected.
- While this change in the settings will not help you find the already sent emails in your Outlook email account, it will make sure the email you will send after enabling this option, are saved in the Sent Items
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to check sent email messages in Outlook email. if still need help, you can dial toll free Outlook customer service number to fix your email problem.