If you want to send and receive your emails in Outlook, you will need to first add your email account to Outlook. If you wish to add your Office 365 accounts to Outlook, you can easily do so by following the below mentioned steps.
Steps to Setup Outlook With Office 365
1.) Most of the email accounts including Office 365 can be added easily using the automatic setup option of Outlook.
2.) For this, simply open Outlook on your computer and click on the File option.
3.) Under File option, Click on the Add Account option. In case you are using Outlook 2007, you will need to go to Tools > Account Settings > Email tab > New.
4.) As an Outlook 2016 user, you will need to enter your email address and then select Connect option. For Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2010, you will need to select Email Account and then your Name, Email Address, and Password. Select Next afterward.
5.) Now, enter your password (if prompted) and then click OK and then Finish button to start using Outlook.
NOTE: For all email accounts including Office 365, you will need to enter your complete email address in the Username field wherever prompted.
6.) Alternatively, if you need to setup email manually, you can do so by following the steps mentioned ahead.
7.) Go to Start > Control Panel and select Mail (32-bit) option.
8.) Now, click on the Show Profiles option and select Add.
9.) In the Profile Name, give your New Profile and appropriate title and click on the OK button.
10.) Next, select option – Manual setup or additional server types and click on the Next button.
11.) Then, Choose Microsoft Exchange Server or compatible service and click on the Next button.
12.) Now, you will need to complete the prompted fields with following entries.
- User Name: Your complete Office 365 email address.
- Use Cached Exchange Mode: If you want to keep mail accessible while Outlook is offline you can make changes accordingly.
13.) Next, click on the More Settings button and go to Security tab. Here, you will need to complete the following fields with mentioned entries.
- Encrypt data between Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange: Uncheck this option
- Always prompt for login credentials: Uncheck this option
- Login Network Security: Choose Anonymous Authentication
NOTE: If you don’t find Anonymous Authentication option, you might be having Outlook 2010, without the updated patch. You will need to Download and install the updated patch, and then again you will need to try setting up your account.
14.) After that go to the Connection tab and click the checkbox next to Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP. Then, click on the Exchange Proxy Settings.
15.) In the Exchange Proxy Settings, you will need to fill the field with following entries.
- Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange:office365.com in the field.
- Connect using SSL only: Check this option.
- Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate: Check this option and after that enter msstd:outlook.com
- On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP: Check this option.
- On slow networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP: Check this option.
- Use this authentication when connecting to my proxy server for Exchange: Select Basic Authentication.
After that, click on the OK button.
16.) Now, in the Microsoft Exchange window, click on the OK button and click Next in the Add Account window.
17.) Click on the Finish button and select one of the following options under Mail window.
- Prompt for a profile to be used: Choose this option only if you want Outlook to ask you as to which profile to use, every time it opens.
- Always use this profile: Choose this option if you only want Outlook to open with the selected profile always. Make sure to choose the profile you just set up.
18.) Finally, click on the OK button. Your Office 365 will be configured with Outlook profile.