Getting the bombardment of the unwanted or irrelevant emails in your Yahoo Mail account is quite frustrating. However, Yahoo has the strict spam filters but if in the case you still having it then mark them as spam or unsubscribe from the mailing list. Here we show some steps to setup Yahoo spam filter settings in Yahoo mail account.
Steps to Set Yahoo Spam Filter Setting:
Mark unwanted emails as Spam:
- Sign-in to the Yahoo mail account.
- Select the unwanted email. And Click “Spam”
- On the other hand, you can click on the down arrow next to the spam button to give the info.
- Report Spam: If you get unsolicited emails.
- Report a Hacked Account: If you get an email from a contact which doesn’t look normal.
- Report a Phishing Scam: If you get an email that looks like they have sent via a legitimate company but at the end of the email it asks you to provide the personal information.
- Not My Mail: You get an email but find someone else’s name instead of yours.
Mark email as not Spam:
If you get an important email in your spam folder then you must mark it as not spam so that you get it right into your inbox in near future. Follow the steps below.
- Go to the spam
- Select the desired email. And Press the “Not Spam”
- The selected email will now be moved to the inbox.
Unsubscribe from their mailing list:
There is usually an unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email. If you don’t want to hear from them again in future click on the unsubscribe button. You may be asked to fill more information like why you want to unsubscribe. You may also see a multiple-choice option or drop-down to choose an exact reason to unsubscribe.
If you don’t see any unsubscribe button then you must mark it as spam.
Keep the following in things in your mind if you want to avoid spam in the future.
- Never reply to the senders you don’t know.
- Never leave your email address to forums. Be careful with whom you share your personal email address.
- Don’t reply to the email which warns that subscription will be removed.
- Never sign-up with that website who claims to remove your email address from the spam list as most of them are the real culprits. Instead of the legitimate organization, they are the address collector used by the spammers.
Always remember that you can’t stop the spam completely but gradually reduce the numbers. If you aren’t able to make it then feel free to get in touch with our certified Yahoo customer support on the toll-free phone number and get the instant support for setting up the Yahoo spam filter.