If you are facing issues with the printing speed of your Epson printer, you may feel like getting it checked from the Epson service guys. But before you call them, you can also try sorting out the issue on your own. It’s very simple and won’t cost you anything. But, before beginning with troubleshooting steps, it is important to understand that all printers are not equal. In case you are comparing the speed of your printer with the one your friend is having, consider that he/she may be having a Laser printer while yours is an Inkjet printer. And, if you are not aware, a Laser printer is known too much faster than the Inkjet ones.
But, in case this is not the situation and your Epson printer is missing speed, then the following tips and tricks can help you make it speedier.
Steps to Troubleshoot Slow Speed Problem in Epson Printer:
- Begin by closing any unnecessary applications running in the background of your system. Then print again.
- Run a printer operation check as it helps in determining whether the problem is with your computer or your printer. This process may take some time to run it accordingly.
- Make sure that the data cable you use is no more than 1.8 meters and connected directly to the system.
- Make sure that the loaded paper in the printer matches the paper type selected in the printer driver. Also, check that the print quality you have selected is appropriate.
- Make sure you have enabled high speed in the printer driver.
- Enable High-speed copies in the Speed & Progress section.
- Now, try printing a test page from the General tab of the Epson driver.
After performing the above steps, if the issue is not yet solved, you can ask the Epson printer customer service team to help you with that. They will either guide you through the troubleshooting process over the phone or may arrange a visit to your place. However, in case you are looking for an instant solution, you can always have our support for any issues related to your Epson printer.
We have a team of experts who are capable of sorting any Epson printer related issues instantly. Our team is proficient in their area of expertise and our technical engineers are available round the clock. So, no matter if you are looking for a solution late at night or very early in the morning, you can get in touch with us whenever you want.
2 thoughts on “How to Troubleshoot Slower Printing Problem in Epson Printer”
Amazing Blog. Really enjoyed looking through it.
There are even more things to check out on the Epson web site but none of it cured the problem I was having in that the printer was slow to start printing. I eventually fixed it by changing the connection from network to USB cable. I assume the firewall in the router was getting in the way. Directly connected it is now fine.