When you are using your Yahoo! Mail account on some 3rd Party Email client application; there are chances that sometimes you will find it difficult to send or receive emails using your Yahoo mail account on it. This is a common issue with Yahoo Mail users who configured it on some third-party email client app.
What a Yahoo user should do, when unable to send and receive emails?
This is very important to understand that when you are unable to send or receive emails using your Yahoo Mail account on some third-party email client app; what could be the next course of action to be taken. In order to fix this issue, we have these experts’ tips for Yahoo users which enable them to fix the error and start using the Yahoo account once again without any issue.
Tip 1 – Check if you can sign in with a web browser
The first thing, you can do is to sign in to your Yahoo mail account using a web browser rather an application. When you find that signing in to your Yahoo mail account is rather easy and effective; then you can understand that there is some issue with your third-party server settings which you need to fix it by re-configuring it.
If you are asked to change your password, you can change it, but make sure that you have reviewed the settings and update it accordingly. You can understand and fix the issue with your account.
- Recover a forgotten password or change your existing password – Use the Yahoo Sign-In Helper or link https://login.yahoo.com/forgot?; this will fix the issue
- If you change your password, you’ll need to update your login info in the app to reflect it – This will help you as your account might experienced some hacking attempts
- Switch to Yahoo Account Key and stop using passwords all together – Hackers could be able to hack your account when the security is not strong; why not use Yahoo Account Key as level two security
- Set up a 3rd-party app password if you’re using Yahoo Account Key – If you are using the Yahoo Account Key, then go for a 3rd Party App for better security
- Update your Yahoo account recovery info – Always make sure to keep your Yahoo account recovery info updated to avoid any hacking attempt
Tip 2 – Check if your account can send or receive emails
When you can sign in to your Yahoo account using some web browser; then you should try to send a test mail on your own email account. This will verify the issue, if any. You can send and receive emails, and then there is some issue with your application or the server settings.
Once you are sure with the second tips, then check the server settings and reconfigure your Yahoo Mail account in the application once again.
If you are unable to send and receive and emails in your yahoo mail account then don’t worry, you can fix this issue easily, or you can call yahoo customer care helpline number for the instant support.