Out of different advantageous features of Skype, one feature that users make use of in their account is the option to block a person bothering them on Skype. One or the other time, you might have blocked someone bothering you through Skype. Blocking feature in Skype allows you to prevent him/her from contacting you through Skype.
One can easily block someone on Skype by following these steps:
- Launch Skype application on your computer and sign in to your account if you have not logged in already. Then, go to the profile of the person you wish to block and click on the Edit icon located on the top right corner of the person’s profile window.
- Alternatively, you can also scroll to the bottom of that person’s profile window and then, you can select the Block contact Following any of the options will prompt a confirmation window on your screen.
- In the confirmation window, you will be prompted with a message – Block this contact?
Here, you will be allowed to:
- Report abuse from this person
- Contains nudity or pornography
- Child endangerment (exploitation)
- Harassment or threats
NOTE: By default, you will only see “Report abuse from this person” option when you will click on the Block contact option. To change the reason, you will need to click on the toggle next to the “Report abuse from this person” option.
- After selecting the appropriate reason, you can click on the Block option to block the person.
NOTE: In case you are receiving unwanted calls from an unknown phone number on your Skype account, you will need to block the number from the chat. For this, simply select the Block + the number link to block the person from calling you on your Skype call.
While this is how you can easily block a person in Skype, however, if you wish to unblock a blocked person in your Skype account, you may wonder as to how to do it. To know how to unblock someone on Skype, you can follow the instructions provided below.
Steps to Unblock Someone on Skype
- In your Skype account, you will need to click on your Profile picture/name located on the top-left corner of the Skype window. A drop-down menu will appear on your screen.
- In the drop-down menu, you will need to click on the Settings You will be directed to the Settings window of your Skype account.
- In the Settings window, click on the Contacts option. You will be taken to the Contacts section.
- Under Contacts section, select Blocked Contacts option to view the list of person you have blocked in your Skype account.
- From the list of blocked persons, simply click on the Unblock button next to the person you wish to unblock your Skype account. As you will click on the Unblock button, the person will be unblocked in your Skype account. Now, the person will be allowed to contact you through Skype.
And, this is how you can easily unblock a blocked person in your Skype account.