It is quite common to accidentally send an email to a recipient other than the one it was intended to be sent. If you have sent an email to a wrong recipient in your yahoo mail account, well, you need not worry as there are a couple of workarounds that can help you to recall your email in Yahoo mail. To know about these different ways to unsent an email in Yahoo, you can go through the detailed information provided below.
Ways to Unsend an email in Yahoo Mail
Using the Yahoo Mail App
- To begin with, open the Yahoo Mail app on your phone and log into your account.
- Next, you will need to select the “New Message” button.
- Here, you will need to enter your email’s information in the provided fields.
- Next, you will need to tap on the Send button. This option is located in the upper-right corner of the screen. As you will tap on it, it will send your email to the selected recipient.
- However, if you wish to unsend the email, you will need to tap on the Undo option located in the bottom-right corner of the screen. This will cancel the sending process of your email.
NOTE: You will be able to use the Undo button only for a five-second window when you send your email. You can revise your email or tap on the X icon located in the top-left corner of the screen to delete your email.
Using Microsoft Outlook on Desktop
- Open MS Outlook on your desktop on which you have configured your Yahoo Mail account. Go to the Yahoo Mail account in the Outlook program.
- Once you are on the Yahoo Mail account, you will need to click on the Gear icon located in the top-right corner of the Outlook page.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to click on the “Options” option. You can locate it at the bottom of the drop-down menu below the “gear” icon.
- In the Options section, you will need to click on the Undo send. You can find this option located in the top-left side of the Outlook window below the “Automatic processing” heading, which is a subfolder of the “Mail” tab.
- Next, you will need to click on the “Let me cancel messages I’ve sent for” circle. It’s located below the “Undo send” heading located at the top-middle of the page.
- Then, you will need to click on the time limit. By default, the value is set to “10 seconds“, however; if you wish, you can select any of the given options: 5 seconds / 10 seconds / 15 seconds / 30 seconds.
- After that, you will need to select a time limit as the time limit you choose will determine how long you have to recall an email after pressing the “Send” button.
- Now, you will need to click on the Save option located at the top of the page. This will enable the “Undo Sent” feature and apply it to your future emails.
- Next, click on the ← Options button to get back to your inbox. Then, click the +New button located above the “Inbox” heading to open a new email template. Here, you will need to enter information for your email and click on the Send It’s located in the lower-right corner of the email window. This will send your email to your recipient.
- After that, click on the Undo if you wish to unsend the email. You can find this option located in the top-right corner of the email inbox. Clicking on this option will halt your email’s sending progress and open the email in a new window.
- In the new window, you can edit your email or click the Discard option located at the bottom to remove it.
So, these are the different ways you can use to unsend an email in your Yahoo Mail account. So, if you accidentally sent an email and not being able to recall it, contact Yahoo phone support number for help.