Nowadays, Skype is becoming the most common tool to communicate with others. It’s attracting feature and simple user interface have made it quite popular across the globe. However, as useful and handy as it can be, it’s never the best idea to use an older version of Skype when a newer one is available. Here we are providing a complete guide on how to update Skype on Windows with some useful tips.
Guide to Update Skype on Windows
Before jump into the Skype updating process, firstly you need to check your current Skype version that you are using. Follow these step-by-step instructions provided below-
- Launch the app simply by clicking the Skype icon presented on your desktop screen.
- In the next step, click your Skype profile picture and explore and tap Settings
- A pop-up display will appear on your screen with all the important functions and features of Skype Settings.
- After this, you will need to click on the Help & Feedback option to check the current version of the application.
- Once you clicked on the above-mentioned button, you will show a message like this- ‘You are on the Latest version of Skype’ if an update is unnecessary.
If you will not show this message, you’ll be told ‘There is a new version of Skype available’ and you will have to tap on Download button to begin the updating process.
Note: With Skype for Windows, you don’t need to go through the downloading process if the app is set to automatically update mode.
Useful Tips for Better Skype Experience
If you wish to enhance your experience with Skype application, follow these handy tips and tricks to make your journey even more productive.
- Call Recording Option- Skype is all about bringing your loved ones closer. To capture your precious moment and cherish them forever, Skype launches a new Call Recording Option for its user. You can use this feature simply tapping the 3 dots on the screen and then select ‘Start Recording’ option from the given menu list. After this, you can save the recorded call on your phone or desktop.
- High-Speed Internet- Use a consistent and high speed internet connection to make your conversations even more lively.
- Re-Edit your Sent Messages- Most of us making mistake while typing messages. But, for business or corporate use, these mistakes are inevitable. But thanks to Skype application, now you can edit your mistypes and spelling errors within a few seconds. All you need to do is click the message which you want to correct, tap the edit option to make changes and hit the enter tab.
- Use Emoji’s to Express the Feelings- To celebrate any moment with Skype you can use Emoticons, Stickers, GIFs, and Mojis to make your feelings more expressive.
- Share your Contacts & Locations- Now you can easily share your location, photos, and saved contacts without any trouble. With this hustle-free system, you can also check your Schedule Call details and edit them. To configure these settings, you just need to open any chat and click on the Add button (+) next to your message box and use all the features.