Considering the availability of personal information online through social networking sites, internet banking, and email accounts, cyber security is really a matter of concern nowadays. While service providers are leaving no stones unturned in providing the utmost security to its users, cyber criminals are also leveraging the technology advancement for their personal illegal gains. And, this is why many Windows Live Mail users have reported about their accounts getting hacked. Not only Windows Live Mail, even Yahoo, Outlook, Gmail and other major Email services users have reported hacking and other similar unethical activities in their respective accounts.
Well, this doesn’t mean that all these email service providers are not reliable and secure for your use. The problem is found to be generally on the users’ end, like leaving their account opened in others’ devices, creating a weak/common password, no anti-virus program installed on their computer, etc. And these are the reasons that the accounts of the user are hacked easily.
While it is easy to recover your most of the hacked email accounts (like Gmail, Yahoo, etc), recovering your Windows Live Mail account can be a bit tricky. To know how to recover your hacked Windows Live Mail account, simply follow the instructions below:
Steps to Recover Hacked Windows Live Mail Account
- Windows Live Mail accounts are usually linked with a Microsoft account. So, changing or resetting your Microsoft account can help your fix the problem easily and quickly.
- To do so, go to the Microsoft’s Sign-in page and enter your user id (Email, phone, or Skype) on the field. Click Next button.
- On the next screen, enter your password (if you are able to log in) and sign in to your account. Click on your profile name located on the top right corner of the page and select View account.
- Click on the Change password option located next to your email address, a new window will appear. Depending on the situation, you will be asked to verify yourself as the owner by entering the last four digits of your phone number to receive a code on your mobile. Enter the code on the subsequent screen and then your will be directed to Password Reset page.
- However, if you are not able to log into your account, then you will need to click on Forgot my password when asked to enter your password during sign in. After your click on the Forgot my password option, you just need to follow the on-screen instruction to get to Password Reset page.
- Create your new password and confirm your action. Now, you will be able to have the full control of your Windows Live Mail account. Make sure you check all the recent activities happened in your account, if anything found suspicious, it is suggested to report to the email service provider about it.
Note: In order to prevent this problem, it is suggested to enable all the security measures offered by your email service provider like two-step verification, account recovery, phone/email verification etc. All these features help a user in protecting and recovering their account from the cyber criminals.
For any further information or queries related to Windows Live Mail, feel free to call our technical agents. Our agents are proficient at tackling the entire minor and major issues related to recover hacked Windows Live Mail instantly, to contacts us, you can:
- Call our 24-hour toll-free number
- Email us
- Have a one on one conversation with our experts via live chat for Windows live mail technical support