The paperless era is yet to come; till then we are stuck with printers and problems associated. Printers’ manufacturers are trying their best by introducing latest technologies in printing. However, some common Brother printer network problem faced cannot be ignored. We will be discussing one of such problems here related with brother printer network connection error. While sharing a printer over a network, this is the most common problem. It doesn’t mean any defect in your printer; it is just a little modification issue in network settings.
Brother printer offers a tool to fix the errors in network settings. It is called Network Connection Repair Tool. It will automatically assign the correct IP address and the subnet mask. You just need to fulfill these pre-requisites:
- Log in with Administrator rights.
- Turn on the Brother printer and make sure it is connected to the same network as of your computer system.
After you meet the above requirements, let’s move ahead.
- Create a temporary folder on your hard disk. We will be using this location to save the self-extracting file which we will download in the next step.
- Download the Network Connection Repair Tool here according to the OS installed on your computer. Save the temporary file in the folder created in step 1.
- When the download is complete, extract the downloaded file by double clicking.
- A message will appear “The decompression process was successful.” Click ‘OK.’
- A folder named ‘NetworkRepairTool’ will be created, open it and double click on BrotherNetTool.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen instruction. Please note that if more than one printer with same model name is detected, this tool will connect to only one. So, turn off the other printer for the time being and click ‘Retry.’
- Carry out a test to see if you can print or scan.
The official Brother Printer support website offer quick and easy download of this tool for different version of Windows, Mac and Linux. You can visit the website and download the tool to fix your Brother printer network settings issues.
If you have any other problem in setting the Brother printer, contact us for independent Brother Printer Customer support service Helpdesk. We provide services for issues related with printing installation, wireless printer, low ink error problem, poor quality printouts and printer jamming. We offer 24 hours toll-free services. You are welcome to get in touch at any time.